Friday, June 13, 2014

Thoughts And Images Along The Way - Guest Blogger

I am thrilled to introduce today's guest. . .
Nina from
has become quite special to me.
I remember coming across her blog and being blown away by her beautiful photography.
After several visits to her blog a friendship formed between us.
We live across the oceans, but she is my sweet Sister in Christ.
Isn't God incredible!?
That He can bring together ladies from around the world to become friends
simply leaves me in awe.
Enjoy her beautiful post, lovelies!

* * * * * * *

Hello! 
This is Nina from 
greeting from a cloudy Copenhagen! 

I am privileged to have learned to know Stephanie 
and her beautiful and encouraging blog The Enchanting Rose. 

I am smitten by Stephanie's creativity and her love for the Lord 
- Stephanie is living out these wise words by Mother Teresa: 
" Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier."

Sometimes the weather has an influence on our mood ...
Have you noticed any difference in your ability to stay positive and cheerful
on a windy day when the rain is pouring down, compared to
a day when the sun is shining brightly?

We all have periods in life, when we're feeling blue - 
whether it is due the weather or something else that is burdening us.

I have noticed that there can be the little things
that have an uplifting effect on my mood,
and I want to share them with you in the following:





1. Have a nice cup of tea or coffee
There are days when we need to exercise self care - 
taking time to make a nice pot of tea or some coffee 
is one way of caring for one self. 
Select your favourite cup and enjoy a biscuit, 
a bite of chocolate, fruit or something else you cherish, with the tea. 
Inhaling the scent and tasting all the nuances ... and enjoy the moment.


PS. Dark chocolate can have a boosting effect 
and increase serotonin 
(a neurotransmitter - sometimes called the "happy hormone") 
levels in the brain, 
and thereby can have a beneficial effect in improving your mood.





2. Call to a friend or pop by your neighbor

Talking with someone does often makes us feel better. 
Hearing someone elses voice and just a small conversation cheers us up, 
at the same time as it brings our focus to something else out of ourselves - 
which helps on a day when you're feeling low. 
If you have a neighbour that appreciates an occasional visit, 
go and ring the doorbell or walk by the garden ... 
Just a few minutes chat with another person 
can have an uplifting effect on your mood.




3. Do something you enjoy and that makes you happy

Do you enjoy knitting, crocheting, gardening, making cards, 
sewing, baking ... 
Take time to do the things you enjoy and notice 
which effect it has on you to be able to go deep with your favorite hobby.





4. Take a short walk in the neighborhood

How does a walk outside can help me ... 
Well, sometimes it is the simple things, that helps. 
It is the walking part especially, 
that makes something happen in our body - more specific, 
it increases the brain serotonin function, that makes us feel better. 


The effect of walking is known long before the scientific methods 
could prove it. 
One of my favourite quotes by a Danish philosopher and theologian 
Søren Kierkegaard (1813-1855) says is so well:


Above all, do not lose your desire to walk. 
Everyday, I walk myself
into a state of well-being & walk away from every illness.
 I have walked myself into my best thoughts,
and I know of no thought so burdensome
 that one cannot walk away from it.
  But by sitting still, & the more one sits still,
the closer one comes to feeling ill. 
Thus if one just keeps on walking,
everything will be all right




5. Read Psalm 139
This Psalm is a love letter from God's heart to your ... 
Every time I read it, 
I am reminded of that God knows exactly how I am  feeling and thinking 
since He has created me. 
These words of David, the author of this Psalm, 
are filled with hope and comfort ... 
Someone said so wisely, that "Hope is Faith looking up".

You have searched me, Lord,
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.



I hope you have enjoyed reading about the little things 
that brings a silver lining to my cloudy day.
How about you - what are the things that brightens up your day?


Feel free to pop by 
my blog where I share my photography and thoughts. 

You'll find me also at 

14 comments:

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Wow, Stephanie! You certainly lined up a stellar group of guest bloggers for our enjoyment and edification. Thank you SO much for your thoughtful effort.

Hi Nina! What a wonderful post -so helpful. When I was upset over something, my dear mother used to say, "Have a cup of tea. You'll feel better." Then she would make me a cup. And the poem by Kierkegaard is spot on.
I'm heading right over to your blog now for a visit. Blessings, Maureen

living from glory to glory said...

Hello So lovely to meet you!!
Your post was uplifting and filled with wisdom! We must all learn the art of contentment and live our lives with enjoying the sweet gifts God has given us!
Lovely pictures you shared with words to give us a good image of what we might use to find these joys in everyday life.
Blessings,Roxy

Sylvia said...

Really enjoyed your post, a lot to meditate on.Walking is a good thing but one thing I'm learning is to be still. I'll go over now and read your blog. Thanks for sharing today.

Vee said...

Practical and charming advice...thank you very much.

Valerie said...

Hi Nina,
Just loved your post! I have that same Mother Teresa quote posted on my fridge door. I love to read it each morning. =) Such good advice here. Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

Debbie Harris said...

Hello Nina! So nice to meet you her on my daughters blog. Your post was a real treat, thank you. It is so true, walking is great medicine! I think about Jesus and all His walking.
I will keep a copy of that quote as it is well said.
Thank you for this beautiful inspiration.
Blessings, Debbie

Robyn said...

Such a lovely, inspirational post, Nina. Your photos are beautiful and your words of advice are wise.
I am not surprised you and Stephanie have become such good friends!

Elizabethd said...

What a delightful and thoughtful post.

Denise said...

Beautiful post Nina.

JES said...

Lovely thoughts and images indeed! :) Thanks for sharing inspiration!

pinks said...

Awww a lovely post! All my fave things to do and I think all def help when I'm feeling blue. Especially a good cup of tea! I think tea and prayer solve a lot of blue days :) Beautiful photos thank you for a lovely post :)

Anne Payne said...

A beautiful post with equally lovely photos! Thank you, Nina, for sharing these encouraging words and ideas.
For me, a big hug from my oldest grandson always puts a smile on my face. At 5 years old, he is so precious and free with his loving embraces.

Conniecrafter said...

Great uplifting thoughts, Psalm 139 is one of my favorites!

Happy Wife and Mother said...

An enjoyable post...on my way over to visit Nina's blog.

:) Hope

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...