Sunday, June 08, 2014

Jesus Our Joy

Joy is the flag which is flown from the castle of the heart
when the King is in residence there.
~ Unknown ~


There's within my heart a melody - Jesus whispers sweet and low,
"Fear not, I am with thee - peace be still,"
in all of life's ebb and flow.

All my life was wrecked by sin and strife, discord filled my heart with pain;
Jesus swept across the broken strings,
stirred the slumb'ring chords again.

Feasting on the riches of His grace, resting 'neath His shelt'ring wing,
always looking on His smiling face -
that is why I shout and sing.

Tho sometimes He leads thru waters deep, trials fall across the way,
tho sometimes the path seem rough and steep,
see His footprints all the way.

Son He's coming back to welcome me far beyond the starry sky;
I shall wing my flight to worlds unknown,
I shall reign with Him on high.

Chorus
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus - sweetest name I know;
fills my every longing, keeps me singing as I go.
~ Luther B. Bridgers ~


What is spiritual joy?
It is much more than mere laughter or even happiness.
It is a life that is at rest in the Lord,
regardless of life's circumstances.
~ Kenneth W. Osbeck - Amazing Grace ~


Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
And in that day shall ye say,
Praise the LORD, call upon his name,
declare his doings among the people,
make mention that his name is exalted.
Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things:
this is known in all the earth.
~ Isaiah 12: 3 - 5 ~


May you have a blessed and joy-filled Lord's Day!

19 comments:

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

After reading your post:
"Rolled away, rolled away, rolled away,
Every burden of my heart rolled away..."
Thank you,my sister!

Denise said...

I love you, and love singing that song.

Debbie Harris said...

This was a prefect post for me today, thank you!
Our joy is found in the Lord, that I know and believe, just needed His confirmation, and in this beautiful reminder my heart is at rest.
Love and blessings!

Jazzmin said...

This is beautiful, and such a true strength! I am always relaxed after I read your amazing Sunday posts- and all your posts- but especially these. To be reminded of the Savior's beautiful qualities alongside pictures of His creation is a feeling of joy in itself.

There truly is no greater joy than in Jesus. My favorite part of this was... "it is much more than mere laughter or even happiness.
It is a life that is at rest in the Lord,
regardless of life's circumstances." Sweet, precious reminder.

Blessings! I hope you are doing well and that you have a wonderful Lord's day ♥

Huge hugs,
Jazzmin

Kat White said...

Hi Stephanie lovely photos and poem. ZMay God bless you and your family!

Jackie said...

What a great song...
Brings back such wonderful memories of when we used to sing this song in church. I sometimes miss the "old" hymns... Sigh.

silverfeather said...

You always seem to know which hymn I need, Stephanie... thanks for this precious hymn reminder!

Valerie said...

What a beautiful reminder. I'm so thankful I know the true source of JOY! =) Thank you for such a lovely post. Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

Jan Tanis said...

Blessings to you today, too! ♥

Deborah Montgomery said...

Lovely Stephanie. thank you, and blessings to you, Deborah

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, Yes, it was a lovely poem and pictures to comfort and bless!
Love, Roxy

Mrs R said...

Stephanie, we share a love of hymns. Thank you for posting these poems, hymns, and quotes. :-)

Delvalina said...

This is such abeautiful song.
Thanks for sharing :)
I wonder that how many songs across in your mind when you thinking of our beloved Jesus.

Have a beautiful day!

Blessing,
delvaina

Wanda said...

Your post was a inspiration and delight to my soul. Thank you.

Sola Scriptura said...

What a beautiful post. Jesus is my joy - He is my everything.
Have a wonderful week!

Debby Ray said...

A beautiful post, Stephanie... love that old hymn. How you could not rejoice after singing it? Now, I will have it on my mind the rest of the day...but that's a GOOD thing!

Gail Dixon said...

Lovely images and glorious words. Such an inspiring, happy post.

Maria said...

Thank you for sharing the gorgeous photos and wonderful inspiring words! May you have a blessed week, hugs!

Mindy Whipple said...

Stephanie - you bring back to memory such beautiful song lyrics! We used to sing the "Joy is the flag" song in childrens ministry and the hymn "Jesus, sweetest name I know" was sung often out of the worn red hymnals. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...