Sunday, June 01, 2014

Come Unto Me. . .

Thy grace first made me feel my sin;
it taught me to believe.
Then in believing, I found -
and now I live. 
I live!
~ Horatius Bonar ~


The Savior gently beckons,
"come. . .come unto Me."

Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest.
~ Matthew 11:28 ~


I Heard The Voice Of Jesus Say
I heard the voice of Jesus say, "Come unto Me and rest;
lay down, thou weary one, lay down thy head upon my breast."
I came to Jesus as I was, weary and worn and sad;
I found in Him a resting place, and He has made me glad.

I heard the voice of Jesus say, "Behold, I freely give the living water -
thirsty one, stoop down and drink, and live."
I came to Jesus, and I drank of that life-giving stream;
my thirst was quenched, my soul revived, and now I live in Him.

I heard the voice of Jesus say, "I am this dark world's Light; look unto Me -
thy morn shall rise, and all thy day be bright."
I looked to Jesus, and I found in Him my Star, my Sun;
and in that Light of life I'll walk, till traveling days are done.

I came to Jesus as I was, weary and worn and sad;
I found in Him a resting place, and He has made me glad.
~ Horatius Bonar ~


Ho, every one that thirsteth,
come ye to the waters. . . 
Incline your ear, and come unto me:
hear, and your soul shall live;
and I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
even the sure mercies of David.
~ Isaiah 55:1a, 3 ~


But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst;
but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water
springing up into everlasting life.
~ John 4:14 ~


Have a most blessed Lord's Day, my friends!

* * * * *

I am taking a two week blog break starting tomorrow.
I will be around and will be posting on Sundays,
but I am taking time to rest, dear friends.
I have many lovely guest bloggers lined up that will be posting on my blog daily
and I know they will be a blessing to many so please come visit.
Hugs to you :)

22 comments:

Jan Tanis said...

AMEN! Lovely post! Have a wonderful break and return refreshed from your rest.

~Blessings,
Jan ♥

Denise said...

Such an uplifting beautiful post.Have a lovely rest :)Blessings Denise

Debbie Harris said...

Such a lovely post! Just reading this and seeing the beauty of your flowers is peaceful in its self. Thank you.
I look forward to meeting your guest bloggers. Have s beautiful and restful time away.
Much love, Mom

Vicky Hunt said...

Such a lovely post...the words and photos. I pray you enjoy your time of rest. I look forward to reading your guest posts. Prayers for you sweet friend...Vicky

Simply Linda said...

Very lovely post. Have a good rest, will be looking forward to your guests bloggers. Blessings

laura Madalene said...

I love "working" in the garden too. It's so nice to see the results of your hard work when everything starts blooming. it's such a good bloomer and can totally take the heat. I used to have a ton of them at my old house and they were the star of the show. :) Your garden looks fantastic! Are those wooden shutters I see? They're gorgeous!
DIY natural fabric dye

Miss Val's Creations said...

Your photos are stunning Stephanie. I love the rain drops. Enjoy your break. :)

Ceil said...

Happy Blog break my friend! Enjoy your time away to rest. We all need that.

June Blessings,
Ceil

Terra said...

Beautiful and true words, and roses. Have a refreshing time away from blogging.

Billie Jo said...

Enjoy your rest, my sweet friend!

Merlesworld said...

Beautiful flowers.
Merle..........

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi Stephanie, what a lovely post and beautiful roses. Have a nice rest from blogging.

Blackberry Lane said...

Hope you enjoy your blog break. May God bless.

These are comforting words and gorgeous blooms.

Happy Wife and Mother said...

Such loveliness!

It is a new week and a new month...I love that combination.

Happy June!
:)Hope

SarahGeorge said...

Such beautiful scriptures and roses dear Stephanie. Will miss you!Looking forward to meet the guest bloggers

Denise said...

Once again, you bless my heart.

lynn said...

Just lovely and have a nice rest!

JES said...

Just beautiful!

Maria said...

A wonderful post with amazing words and photos...thank you! Blessing and hugs to you!:-)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Gorgeous photos! What a great idea to have your friends fill in!

JES said...

Thanks for linking up to the Art of Home-Making Mondays! Your post has been featured this week here ~ http://strangersandpilgrimsonearth.blogspot.com/2014/06/prepare-breakfast-tea-tray-link-up-love.html Have a wonderful week~ JES
P.S. Thank you for sharing our button! :) and hope you are at peace at closing Rose Petal Blessings...

CherylQuilts said...

I hadn't gotten to read this, Stephanie, but I am so glad you took a break! We all need refreshing times! It's God's way, isn't it? :) Beautiful photos, Scripture, and songs that come to my mind! Sending love and hugs, Cheryl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...